What we offer
Planned Parenthood Regina also offers a variety of workshops ranging from 1 to 3 hours. These include:
- Birds and the Bees – appropriate for youth at 12 to 15
- Sexual Health 101 – for those that are 16 and older
- Consent, Creating a Culture of Respect – appropriate for all age groups
- What’s the Risk? Sexually Transmitted Blood Born Infections (STBBIs) including HIV and Hepatitis C – for all age groups
- Starting the conversation about sexual health and wellness for youth – for parents and adults caring for yout
The cost for a one hour session is $50.
- Interactive workshop Educational Blitz for Adults for 3 hours (includes 2- 15 minute breaks)
The cost for a 3-hour session is $150.
Thank you to the Saskatchewan Community Initiatives Fund for providing the grant to support for the Planned Parenthood Regina, Educational Blitz for Adults.
Each session includes a facilitator and learning materials. Organizations may be asked to distribute session information either electronically or in paper prior to the presentation date.
There is a cost of .42 cents a kilometer for travel outside of Regina. Contacts for the presentation will be invoiced by Educational Services.
Requests for an education session should be made at least 4 weeks in advance. We will do our very best to accommodate the dates of your choice.
Special Planned Parenthood Regina Program – TAKE CARE DOWN THERE! A Sexually Transmitted Blood Born Infection (STBBI) Prevention Program
The education program focuses on increasing the knowledge of youth ages 12-19 on HIV, Hepatitis C and other sexually transmitted blood borne infections (STBBIs) to help individuals develop self-awareness, personal empowerment and behavioral change to limit the risk of illness. The program has the broad goal to reduce the number of new cases of HIV, Hepatitis C and STBBIs in Regina and surrounding area.
The program consists of 6 education modules that are approximately 1 to 1.5 hours each. Typically, the modules are offered once a week over 4-6 weeks, however the modules can be offered over a shorter or longer period.
Module topics include:
- Basic anatomy and body function related to reproductive health and wellness
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases and health risks with a specific focus on HIV and Hepatitis C prevention
- Consent and sexual activity including legal conditions, right of refusal, exploitation prevention, and the dangers of using social media including “sexting”
- Birth control options including abstinence, a condom demonstration and available community health and social resources
- Healthy, respectful relationships and sexual diversity in our community
- Indigenous cultural awareness and wellness based on values and traditions
When it can be arranged, health care professionals, community leaders including Elders, and Peers living with HIV and/or Hepatitis C will be invited to attend specific sessions to provide additional information on health conditions, current research, and cultural knowledge and practices.
The program targets youth ages 12-19, however older aged groups can be included.
PPR Facilitators are available during the day, evenings and on Saturdays, and can travel within the surrounding Regina area. The program is delivered by a PPR approved facilitator whose role is to engage the learner through activities such as open and factual discussions to dispel myths and misconceptions, and use videos, games and quizzes to reinforce learning. The facilitators will also engage with youth leaders from the organization to assist with teaching and leading groups.
There is no cost for organizations who commit to completing the whole program with six sessions including pre-tests and the two post-tests given at the end of the session and within one year. The program can be modified timewise to accommodate organizational needs. There is a cost of .42 cents per kilometer for travel outside of Regina.
Booking a session
Requests for the education program should be made at least 4 weeks in advance. We will do our very best to accommodate the dates and time of your choice. To book a session please complete the Presentation request form and email it to email@example.com
Thank you to the Public Health Agency of Canada for providing the financial support for the Take Care Down There! Program with a 5-year grant from April 1, 2017 to March 30, 2022.
If you are interested in booking a presentation please complete the presentation request form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t see the topic or presentation you are interested in, please contact email@example.com.