April 20, 2020
Moving forward we will be in the office answering calls and selling birth control with curbside pickup on Mon/Wed/Fri from 9am to 4pm. We have a few spots available for Depo Provera injections on Thursday, April 23rd so call us to book in if you need your shot within the next two weeks.
Questions can be sent to us over Facebook Messenger and we’ll do our best to answer between 9am and 4pm Mon-Fri.
STI testing is still unavailable so people are being treated based on noticeable symptoms with a phone consult and prescription faxed to a pharmacy. STI symptoms may include pain during urination or sexual activities, changes in discharge like smell, colour, and lumps, bumps or sores.
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are best diagnosed with a urine test but since that testing is unavailable, most pharmacists are able to provide treatment by discussing symptoms. If you think you may have a UTI, call your pharmacist to see if they are able to help or reach out to us for a phone consult with our NP.
Yeast infections can cause genital itching and discharge that is white and clumpy. These can be treated over-the-counter with antifungals like fluconazole but you can also ask your pharmacist for assistance.
April 15, 2020
Thank you for bearing with us during this time.
Our first week being open for birth control sales is going well!
Starting the week of April 20th, we will be open Mon/Wed/Fri from 9am to 4pm for curbside birth control pickup.
On Thursday, April 23rd we will be booking appointments for depo provera shots from 1 to 4pm.
Please call the clinic to book your depo or birth control pick up appointments.
April 14, 2020
We are currently unable to offer in-person appointments in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and apologize for the inconvenience.
Services available include: birth control sales using curbside pickup, phone consults and prescriptions from our practitioner, and options counselling.
Click here for details about birth control sales.
Our new hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm.
April 2, 2020
Unfortunately, we are still unable to offer in-person services so all of the appointments we had booked into April will be cancelled. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you need assistance before we reopen, please contact us through Facebook Messenger because we are working from home and unable to answer calls in the clinic.
We will do our best to reply from Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
We will be open for birth control sales only starting on Tuesday, April 14th.
To maintain physical distance and lower the risk of COVID-19 transmission, we will offer sales according to the following procedure:
Client Procedure for Birth Control Pick-Up (Starting Tues. April 14, 2020):
- Client calls the clinic at 306-522-0902 extension: 0 to arrange pick-up for birth control
- Sales are limited to a two-month supply
- Payment must be arranged over the phone (either e-transfer or credit card over the phone)
- NO cash will be accepted at this time
- E-transfers can be sent to email@example.com
- We will provide a time for pick up
- When you arrive outside the clinic at your pick-up time, call the clinic and we will place the prescription in a basket outside the door for pick-up
- NO ONE will be allowed into the clinic
- Prescriptions will be in a brown bag with your name written on it
- If you need a new prescription we can set up a phone appointment with our practitioner
- Please allow 2-3 days for this.
- Bags of 15 free condoms can also be picked-up with these same arrangements
***Our hours going forward will be Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm.
March 24, 2020
For more information about sexual health services in Regina and recommendations for safer sex practices in relation to COVID-19, please read our blog post here.
March 18, 2020
Due to the state of emergency declared in the province we will be CLOSED as of Saturday, March 21st at 5pm for AT LEAST 2 WEEKS.
Unfortunately, all appointments on Friday, March 19th and Saturday, March 20th are cancelled and we apologize for the inconvenience. People with appointments on Thursday, March 18th will still be seen.
The clinic will be open for birth control sales these dates and times:
Thursday, March 18th 9am-8pm (closed 12-12:45pm for lunch)
Friday, March 19th 9am-5pm (closed 12-12:45pm for lunch)
Saturday, March 20th 1-5pm
We will keep you posted on what options are available for sexual health care in the community as we find out more.
March 16, 2020
To our valued clients,
Planned Parenthood Regina (PPR) has been actively monitoring all of the latest updates on COVID-19 from the Federal, Provincial, and Regional governments. We are working diligently to make sure we are doing everything in our power to ensure the safety and health of both our clients and staff.
Situations can change quickly as we learn more about COVID-19 and how to prevent its spread to minimize the effects on our healthcare system. With this in mind, PPR will be implementing the following changes, effective immediately:
- HOURS: We will be open Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm and closed for lunch 12-12:45pm; unfortunately we are ending our evening and weekend hours until further notice
- If you have recently travelled out of the province – please take 14 days of self-isolation BEFORE booking an appointment with us
- If you have a fever (body temperature above 36-37°C) or are not feeling well – please call to cancel your appointment and do not attend the clinic
- Everyone coming into PPR will be required to sanitize their hands and have their temperature taken using a thermometer
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes early for your appointments to limit our waiting room exposure
- NO WALK-INS – this includes STI testing, pregnancy tests, and Plan B; please call us ahead of time and let us know you will be coming
- All in-office counselling will be cancelled until further notice – options counselling will be done by phone and can be arranged by emailing our social worker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- IUD consults will also be done by phone and arranged by emailing our Director Jacqui at: email@example.com
- All non-essential appointments will not be booked until further notice
- We encourage people purchase birth control for the next month as soon as possible, as we are unsure if we will be forced to close – PLEASE BE PREPARED
- We will NOT be accepting cash; however, we do have interact debit and credit purchases available
- We do NOT have “tap” for debit and credit purchases; we will disinfect our credit machine after every purchase
During the next few weeks, Planned Parenthood Regina may be required by our government close our doors to allow staff to self-isolate against the COVID-19 virus. This would be out of our control and we would try to give as much notice as possible. We will do all we can to serve our community and reduce harm. We are in this together.
Thank you for your understanding,
Planned Parenthood Regina Team