March 24, 2020
For more information about sexual health services in Regina and recommendations for safer sex practices in relation to COVID-19, please read our blog post here.
March 18, 2020
Due to the state of emergency declared in the province we will be CLOSED as of Saturday, March 21st at 5pm for AT LEAST 2 WEEKS.
Unfortunately, all appointments on Friday, March 19th and Saturday, March 20th are cancelled and we apologize for the inconvenience. People with appointments on Thursday, March 18th will still be seen.
The clinic will be open for birth control sales these dates and times:
Thursday, March 18th 9am-8pm (closed 12-12:45pm for lunch)
Friday, March 19th 9am-5pm (closed 12-12:45pm for lunch)
Saturday, March 20th 1-5pm
We will keep you posted on what options are available for sexual health care in the community as we find out more.
March 16, 2020
To our valued clients,
Planned Parenthood Regina (PPR) has been actively monitoring all of the latest updates on COVID-19 from the Federal, Provincial, and Regional governments. We are working diligently to make sure we are doing everything in our power to ensure the safety and health of both our clients and staff.
Situations can change quickly as we learn more about COVID-19 and how to prevent its spread to minimize the effects on our healthcare system. With this in mind, PPR will be implementing the following changes, effective immediately:
- HOURS: We will be open Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm and closed for lunch 12-12:45pm; unfortunately we are ending our evening and weekend hours until further notice
- If you have recently travelled out of the province – please take 14 days of self-isolation BEFORE booking an appointment with us
- If you have a fever (body temperature above 36-37°C) or are not feeling well – please call to cancel your appointment and do not attend the clinic
- Everyone coming into PPR will be required to sanitize their hands and have their temperature taken using a thermometer
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes early for your appointments to limit our waiting room exposure
- NO WALK-INS – this includes STI testing, pregnancy tests, and Plan B; please call us ahead of time and let us know you will be coming
- All in-office counselling will be cancelled until further notice – options counselling will be done by phone and can be arranged by emailing our social worker, Daphne at email@example.com
- IUD consults will also be done by phone and arranged by emailing our Director Jacqui at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All non-essential appointments will not be booked until further notice
- We encourage people purchase birth control for the next month as soon as possible, as we are unsure if we will be forced to close – PLEASE BE PREPARED
- We will NOT be accepting cash; however, we do have interact debit and credit purchases available
- We do NOT have “tap” for debit and credit purchases; we will disinfect our credit machine after every purchase
During the next few weeks, Planned Parenthood Regina may be required by our government close our doors to allow staff to self-isolate against the COVID-19 virus. This would be out of our control and we would try to give as much notice as possible. We will do all we can to serve our community and reduce harm. We are in this together.
Thank you for your understanding,
Planned Parenthood Regina Team